Tuesday, July 15, 2008

2nd Day of IMC and more of the 1st Day

OK, well more from yesterday. We also went to the capitol which I had seen before but we got to see the Senate Chamber which was rather interesting. The compact shelving in the library at the capitol building you had to move apart manually. It wasn't hard. Rather fun...not that I did do that or anything, but if I had. :) We also went to the State Library which I didn't really like. Most of there stuff isn't open to the public and since I don't want to work for the government (Like that that is) I will never see that information so why should I care?

Today we went to the Library for the Blind. The Braille books were interesting, and fun to touch and look at. I would have liked them better if I could read them. But fortunately I am not blind so I don't need to restrict myself to dots on pages. Then we went to the bombing memorial from 1995. I cried. Yes, I did. It was sad. 19 kids won't grow up to become lawyers or doctors or engineers. So that was depressing. We also went to the OU medical library. I got to see a book that was over 400 years old. That made me happy. They had a little hunt for us that was fun to figure out and do. Then we looked at the painting of the founder of the library. Find out what is wrong with his picture and you get a cookie. (not really).

Can't wait till tomorrow!!! It will be fun.

Mercedes

No comments: