Wednesday, July 16, 2008

3rd Day of IMC

OK, so day 3 already. Halfway through the week. Today we went to Norman basically. It was interesting still. No matter how many times I have seen the Bizzell library I always like it more and more every time I go. You can never get enough of that old book smell. Then we went to the Geology library on OU. I liked the topographic maps. The Weather Center was a frag though. The lady that was showing us around wasn't very...fun (for lack of better words) to listen to. I didn't find that part of the trip very exciting.

We also went to Borders to purchase books for younger reader's. I liked this part of the trip the best. I picked out 4 books for elementary school children, and then one fore myself. It came out to a total (from all campers) of over 1000 donated books to the Weed and Seed foundation. I felt like I helped out. The book I bought was on the Salem Witch Trials (of course) and was non-fiction. Yes, boring right. Haha...no.

Last night we listened to an author speak about Oklahoman Women; very moving and inspiring.

Mercedes

-There must be losers to clap for the winners.

No comments: